The Top 5:
• Camp Birch Hill – New Durham, N.H.
• Camp Tohkomeupog – Madison, N.H.
• Fleur de Lis Camp – Fitzwilliam, N.H.
• Wildwood Camp – Rindge, N.H.
• YMCA Camp Takodah – Richmond, N.H.
YMCA Camp Takodah
55 Fitzwilliam Road, Richmond, N.H.
For almost 100 years, YMCA Camp Takodah has been a home away from home for boys and girls ages 7 to 17. Their scenic campus provides single-gender programs that teach new skills, develop character and allow campers the opportunity to build lifelong friendships. From water and sports activities to talent shows and gathering around the campfire, kids are exposed to various programs that teach self-reliance while building a love for nature and the outdoors. There’s also a co-ed Adventure Camp for ages 12 and up that teaches kayaking, rock climbing, rafting and backpacking.