Children will love crafting this cute and colorful flower bouquet from lakeshorelearning.com and then gifting it to you for Mother’s Day (May 10). This activity suits kids 5 years and up.
What You’ll Need:
• Fabric flowers
• Pipe stems
• Colorful crinkle strips
• Tissue paper
• Adhesive glitter shapes, gemstones, feathers, buttons and macaroni
1. Ask your child to choose how many flowers she wants for her bouquet. Attach a pipe stem to the back of each fabric flower with glue, then let the glue dry.
2. Attach a pom-pom to the center of each flower with glue. Let the pom-pom set as the glue dries.
3. Decorate a sheet of felt with miscellaneous materials including rhinestones, feathers, stickers, buttons and glitter shapes. Glue decorations on, then let fully dry.
4. Roll the decorated sheet of felt into a cone shape to make the bouquet holder. Glue it together securely either with a glue gun or glue, then let dry. You may want to clip the end together to prevent it from opening..
5. Place the flowers into the bouquet holder and voilà – instant Mother’s Day gift.
While you’re waiting for your craft to dry, read holiday-appropriate books with your littles like The Night Before Mother’s Day (Grosset & Dunlap, 2010) by Natasha Wing or Mommy Hugs (Chronicle Books, 2003) by Anne Gutman and Georg Hallensleben.