Editor’s Note: While all attempts have been made to make these lists as accurate as possible, times and program availability may be subject to change. Please check information in advance to avoid disappointment.
• The Bertolon Center for Grief and Healing, a program of Hospice of the North Shore, offers support programs for children and families affected by loss. 978-774-5100; Griefandhealing.org.
• The Children’s Room: Center for Grieving Children and Teenagers in Arlington provides support, counseling and group sessions. 781-641-4741;childrensroom.org.
• Coping With the Loss of a Loved One holds monthly meetings and is open to anyone who has lost a family member or close friend. Meetings are held at the Eisenberg Residence Library, 631 Salisbury St., Worcester. Sponsored by the Jewish Family Service of Worcester. 508-755-3101.
• A Ripple in Time is a pregnancy loss support group for families experiencing a loss from miscarriage, stillbirth and/or neonatal death. The group meets the first Monday of the month at 7pm in St. Theresa’s Parish Hall, Room 6, 470 Boston Road, Billerica. 978-663-5477.
• Kids Connection is a bereavement support group for children ages 5-12 who have lost a parent to cancer. Through the Wellness Community of Greater Boston. 617-332-1919.
• Listening, Reflecting, Healing in Needham offers a four-week support group, Moving Forward After Pregnancy Loss, for those who experienced a first-, second- or third-trimester loss. Participants should be able to commit to all four meetings. $125. 781-366-5300; listeningreflectinghealing.com.
• Camp Stepping Stones North Shore
A two-day event for children and their families who have experienced the death of someone in their lives.
Saturday, July 14, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 15, 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Location: Glen Urquhart School, Beverly Farms, MA
• Camp Stepping Stones Greater Boston
A one-day event for children and their families who have experienced the death of someone in their lives.
Saturday, August 18, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Brimmer and May School, Chestnut Hill, MA