Young Company Summer Festival 2018
The Young Company at Greater Boston Stage company offers Summer programs for students entering grades 1-12 and 2018 high school graduates!
Limited to 20 students each week, our Overture program uses different themes to introduce our youngest actors to musical theatre. Using these skills, students create their own original play, culminating in a “sharing” for friends and family on Greater Boston Stage Company’s stage. Acts 1, 2, 3 & ASM - Summer Festival is a 5-week fun and dynamic training and performance program! Our day-to-day schedule includes process-oriented rehearsals lead by professional Boston and New York theater educators. All performances will be open to the public and take place on the Greater Boston Stage Company stage the last week of the program. Diverse theater workshops are added to the rehearsal experience to supplement your student’s holistic education. We focus on: creating larger-than-life physical and vocal characters, developing confidence by committing to our performances and each other, and strengthening musical and dance ability. It is the Young Company’s philosophy that good theatre makes good people. This summer, we are excited to work with you to do just that: creating good theatre while helping you grow as an artist and person.
Minimum Age 6
Maximum Age 18
Camp Dates July 9-August 19
Camp Cities Stoneham
Year Established 2001
Camp Capacity Varies by age group
Camp Length 5-6 weeks
Cost Per Week Varies for each program
Financial Aid Offered Yes
- -Professional staff, including: Directors, Choreographers, Music Directors, Costume Designers, Set Designers, Lighting Designers
- -Unique workshops: past workshops have included: Hip Hop in Heels, Music Video Dance, Auditioning, Political Theatre, Costume Design, etc.
- -High level artistic training
- -Great deal of individual focus on every student
- -Fun, supportive environment
- -Financial aid available!