The Wolf School
The Wolf School is a nationally recognized K-8 private special education school located in East Providence, RI. Opened in 1999, The Wolf School works to address the needs of children with multiple learning differences, also known as Complex Learners. Complex Learners have a great capacity for learning, problem-solving, creative expression, and social relationships, but do not thrive in a traditional classroom.
The Wolf School is able to unlock our student’s potential through our innovative learning approach, the Immersion Model©. This approach “immerses” an occupational therapist and speech therapist in every classroom to work directly alongside the special education teacher, building the necessary services and lessons directly into the curriculum. This unique approach is in contrast to a "pull out" model of special education where students are provided with speech or occupational therapy in a separate room and then required to apply what they learned when brought back to the classroom. By immersing OT and speech/language support into each lesson, students prepare their bodies to listen and attend to task and develop strategies to learn.
At Wolf, students experience individualized instruction in small groups, hands-on lessons, along with frequent movement activities to increase focus and ready themselves for learning. Over their time at Wolf, students learn how they learn by uncovering sensory supports that work best for them along with individual strategies for learning and social/emotional regulation. These lessons help to set Wolf students up for success at Wolf and beyond.
With our team of dedicated professionals along with our innovative learning model, The Wolf School inspires Complex Learners to discover confidence, compassion, and a love of learning to reach their full potential. Wolf educates up to 60 students from Rhode Island and Massachusetts with a variety of tuition payment plans including private pay, out of district placement, and financial aid.
Beginning Grade Taught K
Final Grade Taught 8th Grade
Religious Affiliation Non Denominational
Number of students enrolled 65
Student Teacher Ratio 4:1
Annual Tuition Price Range $60,100
Offers financial aid Yes
- Lower School students participate in a rotating schedule of enrichment activities including therapeutic horseback riding, gymnastics, swimming, and parkour. This variety of activities work to help improve motor development, coordination, and overall body awareness.
- Movement is integrated throughout the day with the goal of optimal learning through sensory regulation awareness. A Move to Learn class occurs each day for students and is developed and run by the Physical Education teacher and an Occupational Therapist.
- Students explore a variety of different mediums in Art class and study a wide range of concepts in music class. An Integrated Art and Music class offered once a week provides our students with an opportunity to connect their creativity to what they are learning in the classroom.
- Middle School students are offered a variety of elective choices to choose from each year. Past electives have included: yearbook, theater arts, gardening, ukulele, and Outdoor Education. In addition, Middle School students participate in Service Learning projects in order to apply their academic and social skills to address real-life needs in their school and the wider community.
- Along with Middle School Sports consisting of Cross Country, Basketball, and Track, Wolf also offers high-interest short term after school activities like Karate, Sewing, the Roger Williams Zoomobile, Snapology, and more.