The Blue Hill Montessori School
At BHMS, we believe children learn naturally about themselves and their world through exploration and discovery. From their inception, Montessori schools have used materials and methods designed specifically to encourage this natural learning and to help children become self-motivated, independent learners for life.
Our School seeks to a provide a balanced curriculum in practical life skills, sensorial ability, mathematics, language, science, geography, computer study, music and the cultural arts.
- Montessori materials arouse children's spontaneous interest, providing a concentration on tasks that, because it is natural and self-generated, promotes independent learning. These can include learning puzzles, perceptual learning materials and activities designed to promote everyday skills.
- Children are free to move about from one set of materials to another in an environment prepared for independent, multi-sensory learning.
- Montessori schools emphasize learning to read and write early. Students are placed in mixed-age classrooms where they can work and advance at their own pace.
- Our teachers are observers and catalysts providing guidance in what is essentially a child-centered experience.
- Our environment is calm, warm and homelike, encouraging children to feel free to move about, to explore, to focus on what interests them.
- The Montessori method seeks to instill both self-confidence and self-discipline.
Diapers Accepted No
Education Based Yes
Meals Provided No
Special Needs Available Yes
Transportation Available No
Ages Served 15 months - 6 years
Number of Children 55
Religious Affiliation none
Hours 7:30am-6:00pm, Mon-Fri
Monthly Fees Tuition posted on website