Summit Montessori School
Our story begins in 1996 with a group of enthusiastic parents who decided that the MetroWest area of Boston would benefit from a new Montessori school, one that offered attention to the individual child, an outstanding faculty, and a creative, yet academically rigorous, environment. These parents found an historic Victorian building situated in a beautiful neighborhood and centrally located in Framingham.
On the first day of school, Summit opened with 48 students. In September 2013, we launched a Beginners Program for children ages 21 through 36 months. Today, Summit can enroll up to 100 students from our Beginners through sixth grade. Summit's growth has been careful and gradual to ensure that we continue to offer individualized education in an intimate environment.
The Summit Montessori School community includes teachers, administrators, students, parents, alumni and friends of the school. This list of values helps define our community and guide our interactions and growth:
- We are a respectful and inclusive community, embracing individuality with interest, excitement, and wonder.
- Together, we build a close community that supports one another like a family. We cherish the many benefits that our small school offers.
- We create a noble and dignified environment that honors our students and families. Our rich and beautifully prepared classrooms invite students to learn, explore, and feel at home.
- We base our strong, experiential academic program on Montessori’s learner-centered philosophy. As a school community we seek out and explore new ideas, curriculum, and experiences.
- We teach and practice peace and conflict resolution in our classrooms, work for peace in the world around us, and are mindful of our impact on the earth.
- Above all, we know and value each individual, educating and nurturing the whole child with love and dignity.
Beginning Grade Taught Preschool
Final Grade Taught 6th Grade
Year Established 1996
Number of students enrolled Up to 100