Crotched Mountain School
In the heart of New Hampshire, perched on an idyllic 1,400-acre campus overlooking the Contoocook River Valley, Crotched Mountain School offers a unique combination of innovative day and residential special education, year-round accessible recreation, award-winning arts and music programming, community and campus-based vocational experiences, and a comprehensive suite of therapeutic supports. For over 50 years, Crotched Mountain School has provided an unforgettable day and residential special education experience surrounded by the natural beauty of New Hampshire. We help our students gain the skills to succeed in the community and to live a life of maximum independence.
A fully accredited Kindergarten through 12+ residential and day school located less than two hours from Boston and 45 minutes from Manchester, NH, Crotched Mountain School specializes in autism, communication needs, and addressing challenging behaviors. Our comprehensive educational and treatment approaches are complemented by 24-hour nursing support.
Crotched Mountain School is approved by the New Hampshire Department of Education as a private special education school. We are licensed for all recognized IEP classifications.
Beginning Grade Taught K
Final Grade Taught 12th Grade +
- Serving students Kindergarten through 12+
- Full complement of related services (OT, PT, Therapeutic Recreation, Speech, Psychology)
- On-site BCBA supports
- 24-hour nursing support
- Diverse accessible recreation offerings like skiing, cycling, kayaking, and more
- Structured vocational experiences
- Award-winning art and music programming
- Award-winning year-round, hands-on Farm School
- Full gymnasium and aquatics center
- Accessible hiking trails
- Award-winnng after school enrichment program
- Online parent communication platform