The Starfish philosophy, which provides 1:1 support for campers, is based on engaging campers in a variety of well-structured traditional summer camp activities in a safe and predictable environment. Through the use of Strategies, Tools and Keys, we make camp a positive, safe place where campers are actively participating in things they enjoy. We help children learn what it means to be accountable for their choices through positive feedback and without embarrassment, enabling them make more productive choices in the future. Starfish is a place to "learn, grow and have fun." Everything at Starfish is specifically geared to meet the needs and abilities of each bunk, activity group, and child. Staff consistently seek innumerable ways to provide campers with positive reinforcement while helping them to recognize and articulate their strengths. At Starfish, we believe in "catching children being good" and capitalizing on those experiences as teachable moments, in addition to setting up therapeutic supports to help children during times when they are struggling.
Minimum Age 7
Maximum Age 17
Camp Dates June - August
Camp Cities Rindge, NH
Year Established 1999
Camp Capacity 50
Financial Aid Offered Yes
- Camp Starfish is a unique environment, the only camp in New England to offer a one-to-one camper-to-counselor relationship.
- In our program, each year more than 200 young boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 17 who struggle with debilitating psychological and learning disabilities have found the care and compassion needed to help them move forward in life.
- Our positive approach, engaging philosophy and overall experience is different.
- Camp Starfish provides a 1:1 staff-to-camper ratio at all times to enable success, build social skills, teach coping mechanisms, and help children who have difficulty finding success in traditional settings.
- We are a one-of-a-kind summer camp, year-round support and advocate for children and families.
- Activities that campers participate in: Boating, Swimming, Athletics, Music, Drama, Discovery, Small Animals, Arts & Crafts, Dance, and so much more!