Bellingham iCan Bike Camp


About

Bellingham and Hopedale SEPACs are co-hosting the Bellingham iCan Bike Camp June 25-29, 2018. The iCan Shine organization, thru their iCan Bike program, annually teaches 3,000 people with disabilities how to ride a two-wheeled bicycle. Participating in the iCan Bike Camp gives our kids an incredible sense of accomplishment, improves self confidence and self esteem, helps keep them physically fit, and opens up social opportunities, now being able to participate in rides with family and friends. Approximately 80% of the people who participate in the iCan Bike program ride a two-wheel bicycle independently (at least 75 feet with no assistance) by the end of the five-day program while attending for only 75 minutes each day! The remaining 20% make tremendous progress towards this goal and leave the program accompanied by parents and/or siblings trained as ‘spotters’ to pick up where we leave off! Fitness is easier to achieve when it is fun and you can be successful. That’s when you really SHINE! Everyone can shine. We all just need the right environment and parameters in place to meet our individual needs. In the iCan Shine environment of teaching and learning, everyone advances, everyone gains by the experience, everyone is successful and… everyone shines!!

Additional Information

Gender Coed

Minimum Age 8

Maximum Age 18+

Camp Dates June 25-29, 2018

Camp Cities Bellingham, MA

Camp Director Tina Marie D'Asti

Camp Director Email bellinghamicanbikecamp@gmail.com

Camp Capacity There are 5 sessions with a maximum of 6 participants per session

Camp Length Sessions are 75 minutes for 5 days, Monday thru Friday

Cost Per Week $225.00

Contact

Bellingham High School
60 Blackstone St.
Bellingham, Massachusetts 02019
United States

Get Directions

Features

  • Confidence Building
  • Physical Fitness
  • Social Opportunities
  • Joy

Be the first to review this item!



Follow & Bookmarking

Bookmark this
Advertisement