Looking for a birthday party decoration idea that’s both affordable, super sweet and a great favor? These adorable DIY cookie bouquets will make for a yummy addition to any party table. This activity, courtesy of Hallmark, will make your mouth water.
What You’ll Need:
• Cookie dough, well chilled
• Parchment paper
• Craft sticks
• Assorted sprinkles or sanding sugar
• Tube icing
• Large clay pot or wide container
• Florist foam
• Easter grass or shredded green filler paper
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place craft sticks on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
2. Roll about 2 tbsp. of dough into a ball and place it on the top of one craft stick. Press down slightly to make sure the dough connects with the stick.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges start to brown. Do not under-bake or they will fall off the sticks.
4. Decorate cookies with tube icing. Add sprinkles or sanding sugar to the cookies before they dry.
5. Fill the clay pot with the florist foam, level with top of pot. Cover foam with the Easter grass or crinkle paper.
6. When the cookies are dry, “plant” three or more of the decorated cookies in the pot by pushing the sticks through the grass and securely into the foam.