Your son or daughter has shown interest in playing an instrument or even started, but there’s one problem: They don’t know which one to pick!
We know it can be confusing and overwhelming to make a decision that feels so big – after all, they’ll be practicing a lot and you want them to enjoy it, you’ll be paying for a year of lessons, and it could blossom into a real lifelong passion.
If this sounds like your family, then Sound Safari is an incredible opportunity for your preteen to try multiple instruments in one week – even if they’re a complete beginner!
This one-week summer day program is geared specifically for students with no or limited music experience who want to sample a variety of instruments before the school year starts, and those who have started an instrument but aren’t sure whether they want to stick with it.
Students will have the opportunity to play and learn some basics on instruments from the string, wind, and percussion families while being guided by our highly skilled Powers faculty. It’s also a great chance to meet some other kids their age who are also just starting out on their musical journeys.
Sound Safari 2023: July 31 – August 4, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
What will students get from this program?
– a broad overview of different instrument families
– time to hold and play a variety of instruments to see which one sparks their interest
– actual group lesson instruction on each instrument
– a much stronger grasp of which instrument is best suited for them and the confidence to continue
– a clear idea of how their year might look (music programs at school, lessons or classes, and more!)
– new friendships with other kids just starting out
We intentionally keep the program size small to make sure that faculty have enough time to fully introduce each instrument and coach each student.
This program is ONLY available in August for 24 students, so if exploring different instruments sounds like the chance you’ve been waiting for, then we encourage you to act fast!