Resources & Sites to Help Choose a School
These local and national organizations offer information on a variety of educational options.
• Association of Independent Schools in New England – 781-843-8440; aisne.org – Provides services to members, including Massachusetts private schools, promotes educational leadership and offers an online directory of member schools.
• Bureau of Jewish Education of Greater Boston – 617-965-7350; bje.org – Central educational service agency for more than 100 schools or school units, youth groups, summer camps and adult education programs.
• Massachusetts Department of Education – Information Services – doe.mass.edu/infoservices – Provides profiles of Massachusetts public school districts, and data on enrollment, dropout rates and plans of high school graduates.
• Massachusetts Home Learning Association – mhla.org – The oldest statewide home school organization in Massachusetts is a support, information and advocacy group. Website offers resources on homeschooling, support groups and more.
• Montessori Schools of Massachusetts – 508-789-6546; msmresources.org – Explains the Montessori education method and offers a list of Massachusetts Montessori schools.
• National Association of Independent Schools – 202-973-9700; nais.org – Provides a database of member schools plus tips for choosing and applying to a school, obtaining financial aid and more.
• National Catholic Educational Association – 800-711-6232; ncea.org – Information on a private, Catholic education from educators and institutions serving students in elementary and secondary schools, colleges and universities.