Breastfeeding Support Groups for Mothers
Editor’s Note: While all attempts have been made to make these lists as accurate as possible, times and program availability may be subject to change. Please check information in advance to avoid disappointment.
• Breastfeeding Support Group meets weekly at Baldwin Park I, 18 Alfred St., Woburn. Call Winchester Hospital’s Outpatient Lactation Center at 781-756-4788.
• Cohasset/Scituate/Norwell La Leche League holds monthly meeting for mothers and pregnant woman seeking support for breastfeeding. 781-544-6226; 781-544-9230.
• ISIS Parenting offers ongoing education and support for pregnancy wellness, prenatal education, breastfeeding, new parenting, parenting and child development, as well as prenatal and postpartum fitness, massage and one-on-one consultations. This for-profit business also offers several free classes, playgroups and support groups as part of its community outreach. Five locations: Arlington, Boston, Brookline, Hanover and Needham. Call 781-429-1500 or visit isisparenting.com orisisparenting.com/classes/programs/free_classes_and_drop_ins.
• La Leche League of Belmont offers information and support to mothers in Belmont and surrounding communities. 617-489-7770 or 781-641-2369.
• La Leche League of Beverly and Peabody meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 10am at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 32 Ellsworth Road, Peabody and discuss the benefits of breastfeeding, weaning and nutrition and more. llleus.org
• La Leche League of Lexington meets twice a month to support breastfeeding mothers. Contact Francesca 781-862-4762 or Ann Marie 781-863-1689.
• La Leche League of Greater Marlborough helps mothers and mothers-to-be with all aspects of breastfeeding. Call 508- 624-0833, 978-443-0766, 978-443-2548, 508-460-1808.
• La Leche League of Silver Lake offers information, encouragement, mother-to-mother support and education. Children are welcome. 781-582-1187;llleus.org/web/SilverLakeMa.html.
• Winchester Hospital Nursing Mothers’ Group welcomes mothers and babies. Bring all questions about breastfeeding and being a new mother. 781-756-4788.