Avoid Tick Troubles
Yippee, the weather is nice outside! Yikes, we need to think about ticks!
• Wear light-colored clothing covering exposed areas.
• Tuck pants into socks or boots and be sure wrist cuffs are snug.
• Put clothes in the dryer for one hour on high after being out in the woods.
• Shower after coming inside and check under arms, in and around ears, inside the belly button, the back of knees, and around the waist and hairline.
• For kids, use repellents with 10-14 percent DEET. Apply to clothing not skin.