April Showers Umbrella Mobile Craft
We’ve all heard the saying April showers bring May flowers, so if you’re feeling a bit soggy this time of year, then this project from lakeshorelearning.com is for you. It’s perfect for kids ages 3 to 7 years.
What You’ll Need:
• Paper plates
• Raindrop template; bit.ly/1RJyAWU
• Umbrella handle template; bit.ly/1Xqpum5
• Stick-on glitter shapes
• Light blue and purple construction paper
• Glue stick
• Dot art painters
• Hole punch
• Yarn or string
1. Set aside an umbrella top, four raindrops and a handle. Use stickers and the dot art painters to decorate the umbrella tops.
2. Cut out and glue (or staple) umbrella handles to the bottom of umbrella tops.
3. Encourage your child to write one thing she likes about spring on each raindrop.
4. Cut out raindrops. Punch a hole in the top of each drop. Then punch four holes in each umbrella top, one at the bottom of each section.
5. Loop varying lengths of yarn or string through the raindrops and help your child tie them to the umbrella top (one drop per section).
6. Punch a hole in the top of the mobiles, using yarn or string to hang them from the ceiling for a bright springtime display!