Adoption Books for Families
Check out these great book for families who are considering adoption as well as for families who have adopted children into their home.
Adoption Books for Toddlers and Young Children:
* ABC, Adoption and Me (a multicultural picture book) by Gayle H. Swift with Casey A. Swift; WRB Publishing, 2013.
* Tell Me a Real Adoption Story by Betty Jean Lifton; Knopf Books for Young Readers, 1994.
* Forever Fingerprints: Proof Adopted Kids Are Special by Sherrie Eldridge; Create Space Independent Publishing Platform, 2013.
* Let’s Talk About It: Adoption (Mr. Rogers) by Fred Rogers; Puffin, 1998.
* How I Was Adopted by Joanna Cole; HarperCollins, 1998.
Adoption Books for Tweens and Teens:
* Adopted Teens Only: A Survival Guide to Adolescence by Danea Gorbett; iUniverse Star, 2007.
* Snowflakes, A Flurry of Adoption Stories – By, For, and About Children and Teens by Teresa Kelleher; Tender Loving Communications, Wyatt-MacKenzie, 2010.
* Pieces of Me, Who do I Want To Be? by Adopted Teens, Edited by Robert L. Ballard; EMK Press, 2009.
Adoption Books for Parents:
* Adoption Nation: How the Adoption Revolution is Transforming Our Families – and America by Adam Pertman; Harvard Common Press, 2011.
* Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew by Sherrie Eldridge; Delta, 1999.
* Telling the Truth to Your Adopted or Foster Child: Making Sense of the Past by Betsy Keefer and Jayne E. Schooler; Praeger, 2000.
* Talking to Young Children about Adoption by Mary Watkins and Susan Fisher; Yale University Press, 1995.
The Family of Adoption by Joyce Maguire Pavao; Beacon Press, 2005.
* Adoption Lifebook: A Bridge To Your Child’s Beginnings, A Workbook for International
* Adoptive Families by Cindy Probst, Boston Adoption Press, 2007.
* Lifebooks: Creating a Treasure for the Adopted Child by Beth O’Malley; Adoption Works Press, 2011.