Check out these great book for families who are considering adoption as well as for families who have adopted children into their home.
Adoption Books for Toddlers and Young Children:
* ABC, Adoption and Me (a multicultural picture book) by Gayle H. Swift with Casey A. Swift; WRB Publishing, 2013.
* Tell Me a Real Adoption Story by Betty Jean Lifton; Knopf Books for Young Readers, 1994.
* Forever Fingerprints: Proof Adopted Kids Are Special by Sherrie Eldridge; Create Space Independent Publishing Platform, 2013.
* Let’s Talk About It: Adoption (Mr. Rogers) by Fred Rogers; Puffin, 1998.
* How I Was Adopted by Joanna Cole; HarperCollins, 1998.
Adoption Books for Tweens and Teens:
* Adopted Teens Only: A Survival Guide to Adolescence by Danea Gorbett; iUniverse Star, 2007.
* Snowflakes, A Flurry of Adoption Stories – By, For, and About Children and Teens by Teresa Kelleher; Tender Loving Communications, Wyatt-MacKenzie, 2010.
* Pieces of Me, Who do I Want To Be? by Adopted Teens, Edited by Robert L. Ballard; EMK Press, 2009.
Adoption Books for Parents:
* Adoption Nation: How the Adoption Revolution is Transforming Our Families – and America by Adam Pertman; Harvard Common Press, 2011.
* Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew by Sherrie Eldridge; Delta, 1999.
* Telling the Truth to Your Adopted or Foster Child: Making Sense of the Past by Betsy Keefer and Jayne E. Schooler; Praeger, 2000.
* Talking to Young Children about Adoption by Mary Watkins and Susan Fisher; Yale University Press, 1995.
The Family of Adoption by Joyce Maguire Pavao; Beacon Press, 2005.
* Adoption Lifebook: A Bridge To Your Child’s Beginnings, A Workbook for International
* Adoptive Families by Cindy Probst, Boston Adoption Press, 2007.
* Lifebooks: Creating a Treasure for the Adopted Child by Beth O’Malley; Adoption Works Press, 2011.