School’s almost out for the summer and it’s time for your child to remind her teacher just how awesome they are. We adore this bright, colorful craft courtesy of hallmark.com that is sure to bring a little bit of cheer to any teacher’s desk.
What You’ll Need:
- 4-inch clay flower pot
- Coffee beans, pinto beans or glass marbles for filler
- Ballpoint pens with caps on ends
- Chalkboard paint and paintbrush
- Chalk for writing; hairspray to adhere chalk (optional)
- Green floral tape
- Craft knife
- Strong craft glue
- Silk flowers with thin stems
- Paint a clay pot with chalkboard paint and set aside to dry. Apply two to three coats as necessary.
- Remove the little caps on the non-writing ends of the pens. If they don’t just pop off, use your craft knife to cut off the plastic tops.
- Cut the stem of each flower bloom to about 1/2 to 1 inch – enough that you’ll be able to insert the stem inside the pen cylinder easily.
- Add some glue to the stem and insert it into the pen cylinder.
- Wrap the pen with floral tape all the way up, secure with a few tight wraps and cut off the end of the tape.
- Wrap your ribbon around the rim of the pot and tie in a bow; add filler to hold pens in place.
- Arrange your flower pens into a bouquet in the pot and give it to your child’s teacher.
Originally written for and posted on Hallmark.com. For additional ideas and inspiration, visit ideas.hallmark.com. ©2016 Hallmark Licensing, LLC.