Take a ride on the Polar Express!
Take a train ride to the North Pole on the Polar Express and bring Chris Van Allsburg’s popular children’s tale, The Polar Express, to life. Here are the dates for area train rides in 2013:
• The Polar Express, Nov. 22 - Dec. 28, times vary, Edaville USA, 5 Pine St., Carver. Don your pajamas for a train trip featuring Santa, hot chocolate, cookies, a live reading of the story and carols. Adults and children, $34; children under age 2, FREE. 508-866-8190; edaville.com.
• The Train to Christmas Town, days and times vary. The Cape Cod Central Railroad, 70 Main Street, Buzzard's Bay. All aboard! Come and join the fun as the heartwarming tale of The Train to Christmas Town comes to life. Tickets range from $20 to $36 depending on age and class of service. traintochristmastown.com.
• South Shore Polar Express, times vary, Kingston MBTA Station, 194 Marion Drive, Kingston. This ride features readings of the story, hot chocolate, gift bags and a visit from Santa. 508-746-7400; plymouthrotary.com.
• A Christmas Journey, Dec. 7, 8 and 14, times vary, EcoTarium, 222 Harrington Way, Worcester. The Explorer Express Train takes a trip around the EcoTarium’s grounds, followed by cocoa, cookies and a visit with Santa. 508-929-2703; ecotarium.org.
• Scituate North Pole Express, Dec. 7; 11am, 1pm, 4pm and 6pm, Greenbush Commuter Rail Station, Scituate. A magical train ride with story time, milk and cookies, carols, and visits from Santa. 617-827-0567; scituatenorthpoleexpress.com.