Editor’s Note: While all attempts have been made to make these lists as accurate as possible, times and program availability may be subject to change. Please check information in advance to avoid disappointment.
• Healthy Families Newborn Home Visiting (HFNHV) is a statewide, universal home-visiting program for first-time, teen parents ages 20 and under. 888-775-4KID (4543).
• ISIS Parenting offers ongoing education and support for pregnancy wellness, prenatal education, breastfeeding, new parenting, parenting and child development, as well as prenatal and postpartum fitness, massage and one-on-one consultations. This for-profit business also offers several free classes, playgroups and support groups as part of its community outreach. Five locations: Arlington, Boston, Brookline, Hanover and Needham. Call 781-429-1500 or visit isisparenting.com orisisparenting.com/classes/programs/free_classes_and_drop_ins.
• Lawrence Memorial Hospital offers a variety of parent support groups, including breastfeeding, infant care, refresher courses, expecting multiples and many others. 781-338-7554.
• New Babies/New Parents Support Group is for first-time parents with infants up to 6 months old to meet with other parents and a leader for support and discussion. Call for the next start date. Meeting place: WarmLines, 225 Nevada St., Newtonville. FREE. Registration required. 617-244-INFO; warmlines.org.
• New Mom Support Group is offered by The Parent Connection of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in the following communities: Chestnut Hill, Wednesday mornings at Healthworks Fitness Center, 1300 Boylston St.; Dedham, Tuesday mornings at Dedham Health and Athletic Complex, 200 Providence Highway; Burlington, Tuesday mornings at Sunrise Assisted Living, 24 Mall Road. Burlington. FREE. Registration required. 617-667-BABY.
• New Mother’s Group is designed to let mom socialize and learn. Baby will have fun, too! Group meets Tuesdays, 10-11am; group is free and meets at Destination Maternity Studio, 104 Worcester Road. Natick.508-653-1605; destinationmaternity.com.
• The Parent Connection of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center offers groups for new moms and their babies in Braintree, Chestnut Hill, Dedham and Lexington. All groups are FREE and open to the public. 617-667-2229.
• WarmLines, a private, not-for-profit organization based in Newton since 1978, offers programs for families, educators and employee groups. Programs include new moms groups, new parents groups, child care/camp referrals, parenting workshops, music classes, drop-in playgroups, infant massage and signing classes, infant/child CPR instruction, preschool guide, resource magazine, teacher workshops and special events. Programs in Waltham, too. 617-244-INFO.