by Jennifer Sammons and Cheryl Crosby
• My Sky, summer. A NASA-funded exhibit designed for children ages 5 through 10 and their favorite grownups. Its focus is to help families develop an appreciation and understanding of astronomy. Boston Children’s Museum, 308 Congress St., Boston, 617-426-6500; bostonchildrensmuseum.org.
• The North End Fisherman’s Feast, mid-August. Check out this Italian festival in Boston’s North End for delicious food and the annual procession of the Madonna. fishermansfeast.com.
• August Moon Festival, mid-August. Celebrate the end of harvest season in Boston’s Chinatown with music, food, storytellers, martial artists, lion dancers and a dragon parade. Harrison and Beach streets, Boston.
• Marshfield Fair, Aug. 15-24. There’s something for everyone at this summer fair, including animals, carnival rides, music and magic. 140 Main St., Marshfield; marshfieldfair.org.
• King Richard’s Faire, Aug. 30 – Oct. 19. Chow down on a turkey leg and grab a seat at a jousting match. Wandering performers, games of skill and even tigers entertain visitors of all ages. 235 Main St., Carver, 508-866-5391; kingrichardsfaire.net.