What would the holidays be without the feasts for the eyes provided by beautifully decorated Christmas trees? Enjoy the lights, trees and decorations at one of these ongoing holiday events.
• Family Trees, through Jan. 1, 9am – 5pm, Concord Museum, 200 Lexington Road, Concord. Admire the many incredibly decorated trees inspired by classic and contemporary storybooks. Adults, $15; children, $6. 978-369-9763; concordmuseum.org.
• ZooLights, through Dec. 31, 5-9pm, Stone Zoo, 149 Pond St., Stoneham. Stroll along tree-lined paths lit by thousands of twinkling lights. Meet Santa and his reindeer. Closed Christmas day. $7. 781-438-5100; stonezoo.org.
• Gardens Aglow, through Dec. 22, 5-9pm, Museum and Gardens, 67 Grove St., Sandwich. Stroll the lighted gardens, explore a maze, enjoy a European-style outdoor holiday market and more. Adults, $15; children, $7. 508-888-3300; heritagemuseumsandgardens.org.
• Christmas By Candlelight, Fri-Sun., Dec. 6-22, 4-9pm, Old Sturbridge Village, 1 Old Sturbridge Village Road, Sturbridge. Experience the magic of a candlelit New England village while learning the history of Christmas traditions. $15. 800-733-1830; osv.org.
• Historic Holiday Stroll, Thurs.-Sun. through Jan. 1, 3:30pm, Faneuil Hall ArtsBoston Booth, 4 South Market St., Boston. A 90-minute tour of Boston holiday traditions followed by cocoa, wine and Boston Cream Pie at the Omni Parker House. Adults, $29; children, $19. 617-357-8300; thefreedomtrail.org.
• Christmas Festival of Lights, through Jan. 1, varying times, Edaville USA, 5 Pine St., Carver. Relax on a train as you journey through a spectacular holiday setting featuring an explosion of lights. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas days. $19. 508-866-8190; edaville.com.
Here’s a roundup of this month’s productions at major theaters and performance centers. Check websites for times not listed below. For information on other productions, check our full calendar.
• Agganis Arena, 925 Commonwealth Ave., Boston. 617-358-7000; agganisarena.com.
Disney on Ice Passport to Adventure, Dec. 19-29, varying dates and times. Join Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Daisy on a journey to magical worlds of The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and more. $32 and up.
• Blackman Auditorium at Northeastern University, 342 Huntington Ave., Boston. blacknativity.org.
Black Nativity, Dec. 13-22, varying dates and times. A celebration that tells the original story of the Nativity in scripture, verse, music and dance. $18 and up.
• Boston Children’s Theatre – Calderwood Pavilion, 527 Tremont St., Boston. 617-424-6634; bostonchildrenstheatre.org. The Velveteen Rabbit, Dec. 7-22, varying dates and times. A delightful story of love, friendship and hope in a performance combining puppetry and actors. $25.
• Coolidge Corner Theatre, 290 Harvard St., Brookline. 617-734-2500; coolidge.org.
Alastair Moock’s Holiday Extravaganza, Dec. 14, 10:30am. In a concert of original tunes and holiday favorites, he’s joined by the Fayerweather Street School Chorus. Adults, $10; children, $8.
CLICK NEXT FOR MORE EVENTS
• The Hanover Theatre, 2 Southbridge St., Worcester. 508-831-0800; thehanovertheatre.org.
A Christmas Celtic Sojourn, Dec. 17, 7:30pm. An enchanting night of Celtic music and dance celebrating the holiday season. $46 and up.
• Norwood Theatre, 109 Central St., Norwood. 781-551-9000; norwoodstage.org.
Holiday Variety Show, Dec. 14, 7:30pm. North Shore Acappella and musical ventriloquist Kevin Driscoll in an evening of classic holiday favorites. $26 and up.
• Reagle Music Theatre, 617 Lexington St., Waltham. 781-891-5600; reaglemusictheatre.org.
Christmas Time, Dec. 6-15, varying dates and times. A Christmas spectacle featuring 200 performers and a full orchestra. $35 and up.
• Regent Theatre, 7 Medford St., Arlington. 781-646-4849; regenttheatre.com.
Ben Rudnick & Friends Holiday Extravaganza, Dec. 14, 10:30am. Ben and friends play everyone’s favorite Christmas and Hanukkah songs. Adults, $10; children, $8.
Sing-Along Sound of Music, Dec. 26-29, varying times. Test your vocal range with several hundred other “nuns” at this fun, interactive show. Adults, $15; children, $12.50.
• Sanders Theatre, 45 Quincy St., Cambridge. 617-496-2222; revels.org.
The Christmas Revels, Dec. 13-27, varying dates and times. A joyous theatrical holiday show filled with music, dance, comedy and carols, this year from Galicia, the Celtic region of Northern Spain. $15 and up.
• Stoneham Theatre, 395 Main St., Stoneham. 781-279-2200; stonehamtheatre.org.
Miracle on 34th Street, through Dec. 29, varying dates and times. Based on the classic film, Kris Kringle stands in for the Macy’s Santa and must convince the doubters. $45 and up.
• Symphony Hall, 301 Massachusetts Ave., Boston. 888-266-1200; bso.org.
Holiday Pops, Dec, 4-24, varying dates and times. Kids matinee performances of the Boston Pops’ annual holiday show with a sing-along and visit from Santa. $30 and up.
• Weston Town Hall, 1 Town House Road, Weston. 617-795-2195; westonfriendly.org.
Irving Berlin’s White Christmas, through Dec. 7, varying dates and times. A musical stage adaptation of the beloved 1954 holiday film, brimming with timeless Irving Berlin hits. $18 and up.
• Wheelock Family Theatre, 200 The Riverway, Boston. 617-879-2300; wheelockfamilytheatre.org.
It’s a Wonderful Life, Dec. 13-22, varying dates and times. Experience this classic as a captivating 1940s radio show, complete with live music, sound effects, an applause sign and a talented ensemble. $20 and up.
For more events, check out our calendar of events.