Garden Critters Craft
Welcome the springtime and celebrate Earth Day with these colorful ladybug and butterfly crafts. They’re sure to brighten up your garden. This garden craft from lakeshorelearning.com is great for kids ages 3 to 6.
What You’ll Need:
• Jumbo-size colored craft sticks
• Foam sheets
• Garden critters template – tinyurl.com/m5fhn5v
• Roll-on confetti glue or glitter painters
• Wiggly eyes
• Pipe stems
• Safety scissors
1. Use craft sticks, foam sheets, pop-poms and your imagination to create a body for your garden critter. If you choose to use the foam sheets, trace the templates and then cut out the shapes.
2. Add wiggly eyes and the pipe stems for the legs and antennae.
3. Decorate the critter using the roll-on confetti or glitter painters.
4. Allow the glue to dry thoroughly. Then have fun with your new friends.
5. Place the craft sticks in the firm soil of a plant or outside in your garden.
Act out this rhyme:
I see a garden critter,
He’s sitting on the ground.
He creeps among the flowers
And slowly crawls around.