by Rebecca Schwartz
We’re sure many of you have used pony beads to make colorful bracelets and necklaces, but have you ever tried melting them? Check out how to melt beads in this DIY Melted Bead Accessories and Crafts tutorial and have fun accessorizing your homework papers with flower paper clips, dressing up your hair with flower hair clips or adding some bling to your fingers with a flower ring. You can also fashion these beads into any shape you desire so have fun creating!
What You’ll Need:
* Pony beads, assorted colors
* Plain hair clips, ring bands and/or paper clips
* Parchment Paper
* Hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Preheat your toaster oven to 425 degrees. While the oven is heating up, cut a strip of parchment paper to place on a tray that will fit inside the oven.
2. Take the pony beads and place them in a flower shape on the parchment paper. In this video, we put six beads around a center bead to create the flower shape.
3. Carefully place tray in toaster oven. The flowers will take about 8 minutes to melt, but make sure you watch your flower beads the entire time. Depending on your toaster oven, the beads may need either more or less time to melt.
4. Take the beads out of the toaster oven and let them cool completely before removing so they will hold their shape.
5. Place a glue dot where you would like to attach your flower, then press flower firmly in place. Let dry completely.